Tuesday 16 August 2011

Chicken Soup

Was feeling ill as hell today, so when I woke up in the evening I made a big batch of chicken, mushroom and sweetcorn soup.


2 Chicken breasts cut into 1cm chunks
1 Litre Chicken Stock
2 Cloves garlic, chopped
2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
12 Button Mushrooms quartered
1 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Groundnut Oil
200g Can Sweetcorn
1 Tablespoon Corn Flour

  • Heat the oil in a heavy based pan and fry the garlic till it starts to golden
  • Add the mushrooms and the chicken and fry until golden.
  • Put the corn flour in a bowl and mix in 5 tablespoons of the stock and mix till its like milk
  • Add the sweetcorn to the pan and add the stock.
  • Stir in the corn flour-stock mix and let to simmer for 15 mins.
  • Serve – Ideally if I had some spring onions I’d have chopped those and sprinkled on the top, but I had none.
I revisted this recipe the other day and used Sesame Oil and it was nicer - I also topped with Spring Onions.



1 comment:

  1. Love chinese food!!! This looks scrummy, perfect for hangovers me thinks!!!

    ReplyDelete